Tuesday, August 5, 2014

What I Heard

During the first week of August on a beautiful, warm day, I had a couple of meetings at one of our Elim Care facilities in central Minnesota.  Between appointments I was doing some paper work and heard someone across the hall whistling a tune that was very familiar to me – “Silent Night.”  As I listened to that song being whistled it reminded me of the truth of the words that the Savior – Jesus Christ the Lord – came into this world for all of us.  It reminded me about God’s great love for us – not just at Christmas time, but even on a hot summer day.  Jesus was born so people might come to God based on His death on the cross.  He wants everyone to have a personal relationship with Him and receive the wonderful peace He offers.  I thoroughly enjoy Christmas, so I just may begin playing Christmas music and celebrating early this year.  Take time with me to silently hum, “Silent night; holy night; all is calm, all is bright.  Round yon Virgin, mother and child, Holy infant so tender and mild.  Sleep in heavenly peace; sleep in heavenly peace.”  It was Jesus who said, I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly” (John 10:10).

No comments:

Post a Comment