Monday, July 28, 2014

An Interesting Meeting

On a return trip from Illinois to Minnesota, my wife and I stopped for a break and some coffee in the Wisconsin Dells area.  In  a convenience store, someone mentioned my name.  Surprised to hear my name being called in a location that we seldom frequent, I looked up and saw a friend of mine from Minnesota.  We greeted each other and briefly chatted.  He and his wife were returning from Southern Wisconsin and without prior knowledge we both stopped at the same place at the same time.  This meeting reminded me that although we may not see a friend as we travel, there is always someone wherever we go who knows us.  In the Bible Jesus said, “I am with you always” (Matthew 28:20).  Knowing that He is always present with us ought to be reflected in the attitudes that we have and the action that we take.  Both attitude and action ought to reflect God's presence with us.  How about you?

No comments:

Post a Comment