Monday, July 28, 2014

An Interesting Meeting


On a return trip from Illinois to Minnesota, my wife and I stopped for a break and some coffee in the Wisconsin Dells area.  In the convenience store, someone mentioned my name.  Surprise to hear it in a location that we very seldom frequent, I looked up and saw a friend of mine from Minnesota.  We greeted each other and briefly chatted.  He and his wife were returning from Southern Wisconsin and without prior knowledge we both stopped at the same place.  That reminded me that although we may not see a friend as we travel, there is always someone where we go that knows us.  The Bible tells us that we always have a friend with us.  Jesus said, “I am with you always” (Matthew 28:20).  Both our attitude and our action ought to reflect His presence with us.

No comments:

Post a Comment