Tuesday, July 12, 2011

On Your Mark

While driving home from work I saw words on a bank advertisement which were a little different from what I expected.  It read, “On your mark.  Get set.  Grow.”  As I began reading the first thee words, I immediately thought of being in the starting blocks to begin a race.  To do that would take preparation, determination, and action.  However, as I came to the last word (grow) my thinking quickly changed.  Of course, the bank wanted me to think of growing my financial investment.  But, when I thought of "growing" my mind quickly turned to the concept of spiritual growth.  The Bible says, “Grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ” (II Peter 3:18).  The Psalmist talks about a blessed man whose, “delight is in the law of the LORD, and on his law he meditates day and night” (Psalm 1:2).  If we are to grow spiritually we need to be prepared, determined and then take action.  A copy of God’s Word would help in the preparation process.  To open God’s Word  would suggest our determination.  To read, study, meditate and then respond to what God says would indicate action.  We are all physical, emotional mental and spiritual beings and we need to grow in all areas.  Are you growing spiritually?  “On your mark.  Get set.  Grow.”

No comments:

Post a Comment