Wednesday, August 17, 2016

Being Connected


On a recent vacation when I was out of range of Wi-Fi or did not have a proper password for a local hotspot, I discovered how important it is to be connected.  Not having the connection when I desired it, or thought I needed it, was frustrating.  Since I did not have a source of power, I was hindered in my effectiveness.  This situation reminded me of how important it is to be connected spiritually.  If we do not tap into God and experience His divine source of power we are hindered in our spiritual development and become ineffective.  It is so easy to think that we can get along quite nicely without God, but when we do so we actually deceive ourselves and lose the effectiveness that we should have.  The Bible reminds us that, “His divine power has given us everything we need for a godly life through our knowledge of him who called us by his own glory and goodness (II Peter 1:3).  Being connected with God gives us much more than human strength; it gives us God’s divine power that is so necessary to live a fruitful life that pleases Him.  Are you connected to God’s spiritual energy source?  (Check out John 1:12)

No comments:

Post a Comment